September 15, 2010

Free Car Seat Safety Check


My kid's grow so quickly that I sometimes don't notice where their heads are in the auto booster seats - My son my have sprouted a ton, because just before vacation I realized he was riding around with his head above most of the back of the booster! Top that off with the changes in car seat safety laws for children passengers in Michigan last year and it gets very confusing very quickly.

I was lucky enough to have a safety seat check when my son attended Safety Town camp, however that was 2 years ago! And a LOT has changed in that time...  Questions that pop into my mind are, is my daughter big enough to ride without the five-point-harness and When will my son be able to ride without a car seat. It's sometimes just too much to remember. The bottom line is, am I protecting my children well enough in their car seats?

Did you know that studies show that 8 out of 10 booster seats are used incorrectly? So are mine being used incorrectly? Are yours? Luckily there is a real easy solution for those families living in Ann Arbor and surrounding communities - This Saturday, September 18 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. families can attend a free car seat safety check by the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department at The Little Seedling (355 S. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor 48103) to make sure your little ones are riding safely while in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment