January 18, 2013

Weekend Events Round Up: Jan 18-21

It's been a crazy few weeks - Reflecting on all of my writing though I am not sure when like is NOT crazy for my family though! I have finally begun to pull back on a few commitments allowing me to begin to breath though! I actually looked at our calendar for this weekend and *gasp* realized there is very little planned! I can't remember the last time that happened! There are lots of things that I've wanted to take the kids to though, so we'll likely try and find our way over to the Grange Jr. Makers program or the Museum of Natural History and after a few weeks off, It'll take the kids to Mathnasium for tutoring as well. And if things go really well - yea right - I will hand each kid a shovel and a trash bag and lock them in their respective rooms.We'll likely check out the Plymouth Ice Fest this weekend too.

Since this is a long weekend that includes many Martin Luther King Jr. Day events that families are considering. My kids are signed up for the Day Off School program at the Leslie Science and Nature Center for Monday, but I'll admit having them spend the entire day at UM for the free MLK program sure looked appealing. My fear was that my youngest wouldn't get anything out of it though!

So what are your weekend plans? Will the Ann Arbor Mom weekend event planner help you?

Saturday, January19

10:00 a.m. - noon Grange Jr. Makers program (3337 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd., Ann Arbor) where the kids will either build a walking stick or grow box. 

11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Behind the Scenes: Research and Exhibits at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History (1109 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor). Learn about the scientific collections, how to cast fossils, and how to create plant and animal displays that look lifelike. This free program is suitable for adults and children, ages 5 and up. If you go to the museum though, be sure to check out the free dinosaur tours at 2:00 p.m. and also the planetarium!

Sunday, January 20

1:00-4:00 p.m. Chesstastic at the Arbor District Library (Traverwood - 3333 Traverwood Dr., Ann Arbor) Free chess program for youth (Kindergarten and up).

 2:00 p.m. Storytime and Craft at the Ann Arbor District Library (Pittsfield - 2359 Oak Valley Dr., Ann Arbor)   

2:00 p.m. Free dinosaur tours at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History (1109 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor). 

3:00 p.m. Behind the Scenes: Research and Exhibits at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History (1109 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor)

No comments:

Post a Comment