April 25, 2013

Celebrate El Dia De Los Ninos With Your Family

I never had the opportunity to learn a language until I was in high school, and I'll never forget being introduced to Spanish my freshman year... That same year I visited my uncle in San Antonio and since I was learning Spanish, we were taken across the boarder to experience "Mexico". I actually understood much of what was being said - Well maybe not much of what was being said, but I am blonde and there were a lot of comments about me and my hair which I thought was fascinating.

The Ann Arbor District Library & Ypsilanti District Library join forces
to celebrate El Dia De Los Ninos this weekend. It's fun for the entire family!
That's why I am thrilled that my son is being exposed to Spanish in elementary school - He'll even have Spanish every year through eigth grade!

Our library has a bi-lingual story-time on every other Saturday, and unfortunately we've only been able to attend a few sessions.  I did however hear about the El Dia de los Ninos (Children's Day) and El Dia de los Libros this weekend  I thought it might be a fun event to attend.

On Sunday, April 28, the Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor District Libraries have joined forces to offer the FREE family event that will include kids crafts projects, refreshments and even a Mariachi Band - This family event is sure to be Muy Bueno for all!

El Dia De Los Ninos
April 28, 2013 - 1:30-4:30 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room
Ypsilanti District Library (5577 Whittaker Rd., Ypsilanti)
For more information on this event call the YDL Library at 482-4110.

Enjoy dancing, crafts, refreshments and music by -Mariachi Mexico 2000. Join other Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti families on this traditional day of celebrating children in Latin America as the library promotes literacy for all people of all cultural and language backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment