August 2, 2013

Weekend Events Round-Up: August 2-4

Summer is speeding by. It's going so fast that one of my friends suggested giving it a speeding ticket. (That's bad, I know) Part of me likes that, because the kids will be on a regular schedule and often my life equals out a bit. As it stands right now though, I am busier than ever, So busy, that as you've noticed, I missed two weekend events planner posts. I'm sorry about that, perhaps I'll pick myself up and move forward once more.

This weekend we'll be taking my daughter to her first time at sleep-away camp, doing a scouting service project, perhaps going roller skating, and on Sunday my husband and I will be playing soccer. Otherwise I'm playing catch up from the never-ending merry-go-round I call life.

What about you? Will you be happy when school starts? Have you started your back-to-school shopping? What's on the agenda for this weekend. Here is a very brief weekend events planner - Make sure to check out the Wayne County Fair in Belleville this weekend too.

Friday, August 2
  • 7:00-9:00 p.m. - Bejeweled First Fridays at the Fly Art Studio (40 N. Huron, Ypsilanti) 
  • 7:00-10:00 p.m. - Friday Night Live Skate
Saturday, August 3
  • 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Manchester Street Festival 2013 in Downtown Manchester. Kids Corner open from 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
  • 10:00-noon - Tot roller skating at Skatin Station II
  • 11:00 a.m. - noon - Weekly Story Time at Nicola's Books 
  • 11:15 a.m. - noon - Storytime at the Museum at the University of Michigan Museum of Art 
  • 11:30 a.m. - noon - Planetarium Show at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History 
  • 12:00-1:00 p.m. - Drop-in Art Sessions at FLY Studio 
  • 1:00-4:00 p.m. All Day Skate at Skating Station II
  • 1:00-5:00 p.m. - Game Jam Contest! at the Ann Arbor District Library, Downtown (main) 
  • 2:00-4:00 p.m. - Create Vacation Memory Boxes at FLY Studio Tomorrow 
  • 2:00-2:30 p.m. - Free Dinosaur Tours
  • 4:00-5:00 p.m. - Kid's Open Stage at Oz Music 
  • 7:00-10:00 p.m. Summer Saturday Skate at Skating Station II
Sunday, August 4 
  • 1:30-2:00 p.m. - Planetarium Show at the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History 
  • 2:00-2:30 p.m. - Free Dinosaur Tours
  • 2:00-5:00 p.m. - Open Skate at Skating Station II

No comments:

Post a Comment