July 1, 2016

Tubing Argo Cascades

That's me!!! Even adults enjoy riding
down the Argo Cascades in tubes! 
One of the best ways to stay cool in Ann Arbor during the summer is to tube down the Argo Cascades. We have been over after school in the evening, took a quick trip for a brief cool off and have even spent an entire day at the Cascades complete with a picnic lunch.

My kids love riding their tubes to the end of the run then jogging back up the path to start all over. I will spend hours sitting on the side lines, dipping my toes in or taking photos of the fun. Recently I even took my Girl Scouts to spend some time cascading down the river!

To get to the Argo Cascades you need to get to the Argo Canoe Livery (1055 Longshore Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48105). Families can bring their own inner tubes or rent them for $10/tube, for a 2-hour rental, at the Argo Canoe Livery. Kayaks may also be rented and floated down the Cascades however I would think that is more of a one-way trip as getting them back to the beginning of the run would take significant effort.

With a recent increase of weekend traffic and attendance at the Argo Cascades, the City of Ann Arbor has published specific details about the best parking locations, and details on tubing the Huron River.


So grab a tube and cool off at the Argo Cascades, you will not be disappointed. While the current is not overly strong, nor the river deep, I do recommend life jackets for smaller children, or better yet, mom and dad can ride with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment