November 27, 2009

Children Make Wool Felted Critters at The Library

I heard on the radio the other day that the holidays are about a celebration of excess... Whoa, wait a minute here, they're a celebration of EXCESS?! I don't think so, and I certainly hope I'm not teaching my children that. In fact as an attempt to scale things back again I have asked family to cut back what they are sending to the kids in the way of toys and have suggested that bonds or college savings be employed again this year. Everyone is simply getting too carried away with the only grandchildren in either family! It is with that though, that I have begun to re-evaluate my own spending habits and what I am teaching the children. So this year I've begun thinking of more meaningful gifts for my children to give, or receive...

I found this free event and thought it might be a way for my son to "make" a gift for his younger sister. Of course the kids could keep the project themselves, but I was trying to think ahead to the holidays. This Sunday at the AADL Pittsfield Branch (2359 Oak Valley Dr. between Scio Church and Ann Arbor-Saline Roads) from 1-3:00 p.m., youth from Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited to make a small, hand-held, wool bunny or bear from wool rovings - The process of making "felt" is actually fun, educational and very appropriate for this age too!


For more information, please call 734-327-4200.

No comments:

Post a Comment