February 21, 2010

Free Alert: Science Fair Make-It Take-It

When I was a kid I LOVED participating at any event when I would get a ribbon - The art fair, the science fair, you name it. I suppose I am the classic over-achiever in many ways. That still did not diminish my love of participating! In many ways I am passing these ideals onto my children too. I was actually disappointed to find out that my son's school doesn't really include the Kindergarten students in their science fair. I had visions of helping him create a simplified volcano (like the one created by Peter on the Brady Bunch) or prehistoric diorama - Something age appropriate and fun for him! But alas, he'll have to wait a few more years.

His not being able to participate in the science fair this year won't stop me from introducing him to fun projects, cool science experiments and the beauty of the natural phenomenons around us though. I suppose that's why we'll likely be at the local Michaels next Saturday.

On Saturday, February 27 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. families can stop into the FREE family event at Michaels, the "Science Fair Make-It Take-it" where kids will use the periodic table to create 3D molecule models using Crayola Model Magic. How cool is that!? be sure to come early however, since the event will go on only as long as supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment