April 14, 2010

Don't Miss This Pippin Puppets Production This Weekend!

Every once in a while you meet and work with a truly talented person. I have been blessed to work with many of those types of people! Sometimes I'm lucky and even run into them again...

As I was looking into material for articles I came across the upcoming Ypsilanti Youth Theatre special fundraiser, and there it was - Pippin Puppets and Rob Papineau.

Rob Papineau, is a fabulous puppeteer that I have had an opportunity to work with in several acting venues - Come to find out he's been directing right around the corner from me with Ypsilanti Youth Theatre productions! I know that kids (and adults) of all ages just respond to his youthful exuberance and I highly encourage local parents to bring the entire family to attend this upcoming fundraiser - This local gem will not disappoint!

"Pippin Puppets" has entertained zillions of kids a year at live, play-along, original puppet shows all over the state. This rare, "concert-style" performance will include a full-length "fairy-tale" (a Rob original), some other "artsy" short subjects (infrequently seen), demonstrations of some crafty make-at-home stuff, some demos of "how the puppets work," and maybe another story . . . if you're good.

The fundraiser will be presented by the Ypsilanti Youth Theatre April 18, 2:00 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (120 N. Huron St., Ypsilanti). Suggested ticket donation is $8. For more information call the Ypsilanti Youth Theatre at 734-481-9285.

No comments:

Post a Comment