May 20, 2010

This Weekend: Innovative Event for Families at the AAHOM

I’m a techno-geek of sorts. My husband often says that I should be more accurately ladeled a "gadget geek" - I just love finding the newest and greatest things for the garden, for my computer or even for craft projects. Including technology into ANY of these areas of my life, gets me pretty excited! The kids are learning about it too, through my excitement. I suppose that is why this Saturday’s event at the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum caught my eye.

This Saturday, the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting its second Local Tech Event on from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. The event connects entrepreneurs, innovations and their families for an inspiring evening of fun and features dozens of innovative companies from throughout the local region who will display fuel cells, video games and other interactive technologies.

Dozens of innovative companies from throughout the local region who will display fuel cells, video games and other interactive technologies. Entrepreneurs will be on hand to talk with families about what it takes to turn an innovative idea into a thriving business.

The event does not ignore the kids either with kids-only activities will be offered through supervised hands-on workshops throughout the museum and live music from HiDef and The Chief Blues Officers - Plus there is a museum-wide scavenger hunt! Refreshments will also be served, including a special kids-only dining area.

Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children - Family packages for two adults and two children are $50. For more information, or to buy tickets online, visit the Ann Arbor Hands on Museum website.

No comments:

Post a Comment