October 20, 2017

Take the Family to the Hyatt Place Ann Arbor

Last weekend my family was hosted overnight at the new Hyatt Place Ann Arbor (223 S State St, Ann Arbor, MI 48108). I have got to say, it is a lovely hotel. I have already told my best friend where she should stay on her next trip! If you have the need, you too should have your family stay at Ann Arbor's newest hotel!


Upon walking into the lobby we knew we were someplace that we would like to come back to. The lobby was open yet quaint and inviting at the same time. The kids wanted to hang out to watch TV or sit at the dining bar. They even commented about reading a book in the nook next to registration.

I had to laugh though, because the first words out of my daughters mouth was, "Mom the lobby smells good." And it did. We called it the "new car smell" of hotels.


When we got to our room the kids were thrilled by the view and the modern, clean lines of everything. You would have thought they had never seen a bathroom before too as they were even excited about that.

I loved the room layout and how bright the room was. The Michigan decor was fun too. I would love to find out where the pillows came from!

The kids were not sure about sleeping on the pull out couch but in the end said they had a super comfortable night! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the King size bed, which is much bigger than ours at home. I always rate a hotel on the comfort of the bed and pillows and this one was perfect!

Since it was a quiet weekend (i.e. not a home football weekend) we seemed to be one of the few people in the hotel. I saw many people the next morning, so I know that we were not alone, but it was so quiet and enjoyable. When I took the kids to the pool, we had our own private swim time!

I especially appreciated not needing to leave the hotel for dining after swimming too. The food was good, and the staff was even better.


My daughter and I had to head out early the next morning but not before breakfast. I liked the variety of offerings and my daughter easily found something (or several somethings) that she liked too. My husband and son also commented about the free breakfast. There was a variety of cold and hot foods, juices and of course coffee.


In all, my family had an exceptional experience at the Hyatt Place Ann Arbor and have already recommended it to several friends. There are several times throughout the year when a group of neighbors chooses a local hotel to stay and swim at, and this one was recommended for our next staycation. Thank you Hyatt Place Ann Arbor!






No comments:

Post a Comment