Upcoming Kid's Workshops at the Home Depot
The Home Depot Kid's Workshops are free "How-To" workshops geared for kids ages 5-12. They run the first Saturday of the month at all Home Depot stores from 9:00 a.m. - noon.
- Saturday January 2, 2010 kid's can build their own calendar.
Ann Arbor area Home Depot stores include:
Ann Arbor Home Depot (3300 Carpenter Rd, Ypsilanti 48197 / 734-975-1029)
South Canton Home Depot (45900 Michigan Ave, Canton 48188 / 734-495-9414)
Upcoming Lowe's Build and Grow Clinics:
Every other Saturday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. kids can join in the fun of their own building clinic where they learn the basics of building and using tools as well as how to follow instructions. The projects are fun and easy to complete!
- Saturday January 9, 2010 kids can build their own coin bank to watch their savings grow. It's a new year and a great time to teach children about how to save their money, so why not save your own money with this free kids clinic at your local Lowe's Store?
- Saturday January 23, 2010 build a Tic Tac Toe Game. You can't beat a classic, bring your child to Lowe's and they can build their very own Tic Tac Toe Game!
Participating Ann Arbor area Lowe's stores include:
Lowe's of Ann Arbor (3900 Carpenter Road, Ypsilanti 48197 / 734-477-5980)
Lowe's of Scio Township (5900 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor 48103 / 734-302-2400)
Upcoming "Make and Take" Project Events at Michael's Crafts
Michael's Crafts periodically offers "Make and Take" days in their store, projects are often free or very reasonably priced, cute and easy to make. In January two events are being promoted.
- January 23, 2010 they are featuring a "Yarn Event". Kids can make their own fuzzy friend pencil topper and sugar and cream straw weaving wrist band. This event runs from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- January 30, 2010 The Knack kis sponsoring a "Paint A Frame" event. Purchase a $1 unfinished wood frame that the kids can paint for free in the store. This event runs from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Ann Arbor Michael's (3655 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor / 734-975-6774)