|Make memories. Take the kids outdoors to |
view the Perseid Meteor Shower!
During the event, day-use visitors and campers are encouraged to bring blankets, camp chairs, bug spray and snacks to enjoy the night stargazing in a designated viewing area. Families can also enjoy complimentary s'mores and campfires. During the free event, the State Parks will stay open later. A State Park pass or entry fee will apply to access the parks.
For more information on "Meteors & S'Mores," contact Stephanie Wirtz at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-274-6182. State Parks closest to Washtenaw County participating in the 'Meteors & S'mores' event:
- 8:00-11:00 p.m. Lake Hudson Recreation Area (Dark Sky Park - Lenawee County)
- 8:30-11:00 p.m. Seven Lakes State Park (Oakland County)
- 9:00-11:00 p.m. Hayes State Park (Lenawee County)
- 9:00-11:00 p.m. Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Oakland County)
- 10:00-11:30 p.m. Island Lake Recreation Area (Livingston County)