October 5, 2009

Free Thursday Night Flu Prevention Seminar in Ann Arbor

After spending the past few days in bed with a nasty bug of one kind or another, I have begun to re-think this winter's strategy on fighting germs in my home. My kids are in school now, and are bringing germs home on a weekly basis, and the fear of seasonal flu as well as the H1N1 virus is lurking in the news everywhere - What's a family to do?

This Thursday, October 8 at 6:00 p.m., the Children's Orchard resale shop (Colonnade Shopping Center on West Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor) will be hosting a free parental educational seminar presented by a local University of Michigan pediatrician discussing the H1N1 Virus.

“We’re seeing growing concern among moms who shop at our store about the H1N1 Virus and its potential impact on their children and families,” said Taylor Bond, CEO of Children’s Orchard. “The goal of this event is to ease parents’ worries by educating them about the proper procedures in preventing and treating this virus.”

The presentation will be led by Pediatrician Dr. Jill Noble, a practicing physician for the University of Michigan Health System as well as Clinical Assistant Professor for the Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases. She will answer parents’ questions about H1N1, including:

• How is the H1N1 virus different from the regular flu?
• How do I know if I have H1N1?
• What should I do if I think someone in my family has H1N1?
• If I do not have insurance, where can I get treatment?
• Should I have my children vaccinated?
• Should I get vaccinated?

Parents who are interested in attending the event are asked to RSVP by emailing Children’s Orchard at annarbor@childrensorchard.com, calling (734) 995-8889 or stopping by in-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment