|Whether you are taking a leisurely fall color drive or attending one of |
the many storytime events in Ann Arbor, there is always plenty to do!
Regardless there's not much that will stop us from attending all that Ann Arbor has to offer, we'll squeeze it in somehow. So check out the many activities that are happening in Ann Arbor for kids this weekend.
Friday, October 14:
- Kinderconcert at the Ann Arbor District Library (343 S. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor) at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. where the little ones will be learning about the viola and piano. Dance and hear stories all under the guise of educational enrichment for the preschool set!
- The teen gathering at the Ypsilanti District Library (229 W. Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti) is a great way to kick back, play some games and meet some new friends. From 6:0-8:30 p.m., teens in grades 6-12 can stop by to play Wii, Playstation II, board games, Magic, and Yu-Gi-Oh or watch anime and movies.
Saturday, October 15:
- Take a trip down the tracks at the Southern Michigan Railroad during their annual Fall Color Tours starting today through October 30. More details posted shortly!
- Free fall movies at the Quality 16 at 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, this week is Mr. Popper's Penguins.
- Free Kinderconcert at the Dexter District Library (3255 Alpine St., Dexter) for ages 6 and under at 10:00 a.m.
- At 11:00 a.m. or 3:00 p.m., stop by the University of Michigan Exhibit Museum of Natural History (1109 Geddes Ave., Ann Arbor) for a free 20-minute interactive demonstration exploring how fossils are created. This short program offers something for all ages – exciting information about fossils and fun, hands-on exploration of fossils.
- Today is the start of the Performance Network Series for Young Audiences. At 1:00 p.m. kids ages pre-K through 6th grade can check out a performance of the “The Fisherman and His Wife” a musical based on the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.
- Paper Bag Trees, Gargoyles and Salt Ghosts at the Ypsilanti District Library - October 15, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Kids, strike a pose in a trick photo and get copies of your photos to take home with you during the Trick Photography session at the Ypsilanti District Library (8975 MacArthur Blvd., Superior Township) 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 16:
- Free fall movies at the Quality 16 at 9:00 and 10:00 a.m.
- Huron River Trick or Treat Canoe Paddle - October 16, noon-4:00 p.m.
- The other day I wrote about several harvest celebrations happening in Ypsilanti's Depot Town (noon-5:00 p.m.) or at Parker Mill (1:00-5:00 p.m.) for families interested in a little history or hands-on activities!
- Not Just for Kids series: 'Tales as Tall as the Sky' at Michigan Theater (603 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor) at 1:30 p.m. Enjoy a tall-tale that encourages interest in books and reading. Tickets start at $9/show.
- Bring the entire family to dance at Pittsfield Grange (3337 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, Ann Arbor). Enjoy live music by David West and Donna Baird, followed by light refreshments. 2:00-4:00 p.m. Tickets are $12 for the family.