November 10, 2011

Gingerbread House Contest at the Ypsilanti District Library

When stopping by the Ypsilanti District Library the other day I noticed that they are going to have a Gingerbread House Contest this year. I grabbed the flier and brought it home. It wasn't until my daughter brought the flier to my attention this morning that I remembered the contest, and was reminded that I wanted to share the details with my Ann Arbor Mom readers! Since it will take a little planning, I thought to get the details out sooner rather than later too.
Building it or tearing it down, creating a gingerbread house can be a lot of fun.
Let your kids enter the YDL Gingerbread House Contest this year!

On December 3 2011, the Ypsilanti District Library will be hosting a Gingerbread House Contest awarding winners from several age categories including children (Age 5-8), kids (Age 9-12), teens (Age 13-17) and adults 18 and up. Why not help your kids create and decorate a unique gingerbread structure, or encourage your older child or teen to create their own structure, then bring it to the YDL-Whittaker by 2 p.m. on December 3 for entry into the contest.

Then from December 3-13, visit the library to view all of the beautiful and creative entries, and votes on the best of the best designs.  

For a contest entry form and rules, visit the library or the YDL Gingerbread House Contest page. Let your kids use their imagination, get creative, and mostly just let them have fun. My kids have already decided they MUST enter the contest, and even I find it appealing. Will your kids or you enter the contest?

No comments:

Post a Comment