Have you made weekend plans? Does your planner overflow as much as mine? Someday I'd like a date with my husband, just not sure when that will happen.
Any-who, here's the weekly Ann Arbor weekend event planner...
Friday, January 27
- Why not enjoy some free bouncing at Xtreme Bounce Zone 10 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.?
- See Under the African Sky at the Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building (4800 E. Huron River Dr., Ann Arbor) Fri 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The play for for the entire family is a delightful collection of African tales performed through storytelling, acting, dancing, and drumming. Colorful costumes, masks, and traditional music will delight and teach our youngest fans, with lots of opportunities for audience participation.
- Stop by the Ypsilanti District Library (5577 Whittaker Rd., Ypsilanti) for Teen Gaming 3:30-5:00 p.m. Drop in and play electronic games for PlayStation and Wii use what the library has or bring a game to share.
- For a date-night idea for mom and dad, I have been told the Performance Network has a hilarious play happening right now called God of Carnage. It's apparently a comedy of (bad) manners that is supposed to change the way we look at polite conversation. I'm hoping to check it out next week.
- See Under the African Sky at the Washtenaw Community College Morris Lawrence Building (4800 E. Huron River Dr., Ann Arbor) at 11:00 a.m.
- Build your own build-a-saurus at the Lowe's Build and Grow clinics at 10:00 a.m.!
- Attend the first ever "Grange Junior Maker" program at the Pittsfield Grange at 10:00 a.m.
- Stay warm while visiting Chillin At The Mills at Hudson Mills. There may not be much snow, but there is sure to be lots of fun!
- Teens still have time to celebrate the Chinese New Year at the Dexter District Library (3255 Alpine St., Dexter) at 1:00 p.m.
- Want to participate in a fun scavenger hunt? The Ypsilanti District Library (8975 MacArthur Blvd., Superior Township) may just hold that anti-boredom key... From 2:00-3:30 p.m. be clever and use your head to search for clues and hidden treasures!
So what will you do and around Ann Arbor with kids? I'd love to see your family fun photos either on the blog or the Ann Arbor Mom Facebook page.